verbal dyslexia

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Muchos Nachos...

Whew...

I made it through another day. It is so hard when you really care for someone, but you know that the best thing to do for yourself is to take a step back. I am not going to lie...this is driving me crazy...I miss my R.M.P. ... Although this is only day three, I am proud of myself.

I am reading the 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene...very informative. Some have said this book is on some Pinky and The Brain take - over - the - world type vibe, but it doesn't read that way at all to me. Actually it is helping me with the aforementioned subject of said dude. There are things about myself that I would like to be different. For instance, I am way too nice( but not gulilble) in certain situations ( read: relationships), and I let a lot of things go for sake of keeping the peace. I used to think that if you just play it cool, then a person would just naturally see their transgressions, and no longer do the shitty things they do. Or if you think that if you talk to them like they have some sense, and offer compromise, they will do the right thing. NOPE. In fact the more you compromise the more you realize that you are the one that is bending and they are still the same person doing the same bullshit, they are just wearing new clothes. In retrospect, I can see that is where I went wrong. This does not go for all relationships I have with men, just the ones I actually fall for. Any other time I can tell someone to kick rocks with ease, but when you meet someone who so closely resembles your idea of perfect, you tend to let some things go, because of the potential that the relationship has to be more than what it is.

(Note to any male that is reading this. Making good on NONE of your promises is not the way to keep someone around. As a matter of fact, don't promise me anything, just do what the hell it is YOU say YOU are going to do. I could go on, but I am having a good day...)

But anywho, I digress...

48 Laws of Power. Good read. As with any book you should not follow its teachings to the letter. However you can apply certain laws, and rules to your life as they fit. Or you can just read the book to get a better understanding of the nature of others, and tips on how to interact with others to gain respect, or have someone bend to your will while thinking what they are doing is of their own volition * grinning devilishly*...

Pinky : "What are we going to do today Brain?"
Brain: "The same thing we do everyday Pinky...Try to take over the world..."






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home